Wednesday 22 June 2011

Welcome

Hello. I'm Gareth. Something in the way of introduction may be desirable. I went through a period of being a child, during which a number of valiant and foolhardy attempts were made to educate me, culminating in my evolution into a librarian. I have worked at King's College Library for five years and recently completed my MA in Library and Information Studies at University College London.

For the benefit of outsiders, I should relate that I am writing this as part of the Cambridge 23 Things project, which was such a success on its first outing last summer. Credit for this blog's title must go to The Polemical Medic, who suggested it to me in a blinding flash of inspiration at the weekend. The 28 years I have spent on the planet having been mostly uneventful (at least in terms of what I have been up to; there have been some world events of note), a relaunch may be just what is called for.

I followed last year's 23 Things with interest, and was inspired to join in this time by an instinct that it would be not only a useful thing to do (and to put on my CV) but also a lot of fun. I will report back on Things 1 and 2 presently, but this post is simply by way of saying hello. Please feel at liberty to do likewise in the space provided. I look forward to reading everyone else's blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gareth, welcome to Cam23 2.0! I started working in Cambridge in September just in time for the closing party and hearing everyone talk about how good it was so I'm glad there's been enough interest to run it again this year so I can do it! Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, great to have a comment! Cam 23 2.0 seems to be shaping up well so far, and I'm enjoying exploring all the other blogs. I'm away from Cambridge this weekend, but when I get back I'll start tinkering around with this blog again and adding gadgets, links to other blogs and so on.

    ReplyDelete